HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome
Based on Monty Oum's series RWBY, delve into the alternate world created and onto the land of Vytal - go on missions, and make new friends. Good, bad - Hunter, rebel - In a world of Grimm, where are you aligned?

RWBY Roleplay is a community that welcomes all RWBY fans to join and discuss about RWBY or discuss other anime/mangas you are interested in. We accept roleplayers of all levels.

RWBY News #33
[X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 2:45 am by Echo Valorient
Hello everyone!

It has been a while. I was hoping that I could make the site start up again by it's 1st birthday, but that didn't work out.  Sorry for that.

We're moving! Instead of revamping the whole site, we are moving to a new one, this time on proboards. (I apologize in advance if you are trying to read a thread you participated in but found that it has been deleted) The new site is still under development. So, if you are interested and want to get more information on the site like the progress on that, just send a pm to me.

If you are looking for a thread or any threads had been deleted, just send me a pm as well.

Comments: 0
Staff

[X]Temporal Perspective

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Echo

Ghost Echo

Lien : 7498

Character sheet
Aura:
[X]Temporal Perspective Left_bar_bleue100/100[X]Temporal Perspective Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Semblance:
[X]Temporal Perspective Left_bar_bleue50/50[X]Temporal Perspective Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

[X]Temporal Perspective Empty
PostSubject: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 7:19 pm

Name: Temporal Stream
Semblance: Temporal Perspective
Type: (What type? Offensive, defensive, supplementary? Etc) Offensive
Effect: (Single target, area of effect, etc) Both
Cost: (How much semblance used?) 25-50
Cooldown: (How many posts in between usage?) 5
Description: (What does it do?) It hastens time around Ghost, making things seem to move slower to her perspective.
Advantages: (What is useful about it?) It allows her to better read situations, make her bullets fly faster, allows her to get out of immediate combat range, giving her a chance to fight off her opponent with her pistols. She can also use it to a slight area of effect, making the surrounding area's time fast forward. Which is how she makes her bullets faster. So it can benefit her comrades although it drastically decreases the amount of time she can sustain it, and it's almost inevitable that she blacks out.
Disadvantages: (What are the drawbacks?) The strain of temporal currents weakens her body, it also makes her sick as she herself becomes the conduit of the time stream. Depending on how long she holds the Temporal stream she could black out. It is immensely forceful on the wielder's heart. Considering she's so small, she cannot hold it for long before blacking out.
Back to top Go down
Echo Valorient

Echo Valorient

Semblance : Mirror
Lien : 10595

Character sheet
Aura:
[X]Temporal Perspective Left_bar_bleue100/100[X]Temporal Perspective Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Semblance:
[X]Temporal Perspective Left_bar_bleue50/50[X]Temporal Perspective Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:48 am

Hello Ghost,

You are able to create another semblance move (for free). Are you sure you would like to submit this in for review at this moment?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Echo

Ghost Echo

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

PostSubject: Re: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Echo Valorient wrote:
Hello Ghost,

You are able to create another semblance move (for free). Are you sure you would like to submit this in for review at this moment?
I just looked at the template and only saw one lol. I'll probably make another afterwards. I can always make the second one free, later right?
Back to top Go down
Echo Valorient

Echo Valorient

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

PostSubject: Re: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Yes, you can do that.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Echo

Ghost Echo

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

PostSubject: Re: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Then I guess for now, I'll get a feel for this and see what's considered OP and what's not. I'll go ahead and submit this for now.
Back to top Go down
Echo Valorient

Echo Valorient

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

PostSubject: Re: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 11:19 am

Hello Ghost,

There is a bit of confusion for me. In the description, you said that time hastens and seems slower to Ghost, which by itself feels very contradicting. I would understand if you were trying to say that as time moves on at its normal pace, everything seemed slower to Ghost.
Also, for the advantages, you listed that this move also makes the surrounding area's time fast forward. First, with the description that you have listed for your semblance, this shouldn't be possible. Second, time manipulation is a no-no. It is acceptable that things in your perspective could be slower, but altering time in any other way would be not good.
For the semblance cost and the duration, is there a set amount of posts that this move is active for? Is it only active for one posting round and when it is your turn to post that is the end? Or is it only for your oost that it is active? Because you didn't list any additional semblance costs for upkeeping the semblance, I don't think you intend to use the semblance move for more than a single post, but then again, I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Echo

Ghost Echo

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

PostSubject: Re: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 12:45 pm

It was kind of like Kiritsuguya's alter. You're going so fast everything seems to be slower. Except she makes herself a conduit, and in using it, she can use it on herself or the surrounding area. If it's on herself, it takes less strain thus allowing her to maintain it minutely longer, or on others, significantly shorter. It's limited to 1-2 posts. My post if using it on myself, or the first post of affected party. All it does is increase speed to the point things seem to slow down per perspective. Which is why I called it temporal perspective.

Edit: that's why i said if I used it on someone else, I'd likely pass out from strain. She doesn't have the body type to withstand something like that for long.
Back to top Go down
James Gray
Admin
James Gray

Semblance : Tempest
Aura : Defensive
Lien : 8406

Character sheet
Aura:
Semblance:

PostSubject: Re: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello Ghost,

I would like to reiterate what Echo had said in her own review of it. Going off from your description pf your semblance, there is really no foreseeable way that your character can hasten the time of the area around her, which is banned by technicality. You wrote, and I quote, "in reality, it hastens her body several times." It is a small altercation but ultimately a significant one.

Logically, you can hasten your body to increase reaction and information retrieval to appear as if time has slowed as well as hasten the body of a comrade to do the same without altering time in any way. By your description of the semblance as well as your reasoning for the move, this is the best solution offered to balance both sides.

A side note, you would be unable to hasten your bullets through your semblance as it only affects the body. However, your rate of fire will be increased as per your description so it should balance out the normal traveling bullet. Great output for regular speed.
Back to top Go down
https://rwby-roleplay.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [X]Temporal Perspective   [X]Temporal Perspective Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[X]Temporal Perspective
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lasting Memories  :: Enrollment :: [X]Workshop :: [X]Semblance Move Creation-
Jump to: