HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome
Based on Monty Oum's series RWBY, delve into the alternate world created and onto the land of Vytal - go on missions, and make new friends. Good, bad - Hunter, rebel - In a world of Grimm, where are you aligned?

RWBY Roleplay is a community that welcomes all RWBY fans to join and discuss about RWBY or discuss other anime/mangas you are interested in. We accept roleplayers of all levels.

RWBY News #33
Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:45 am by Echo Valorient
Hello everyone!

It has been a while. I was hoping that I could make the site start up again by it's 1st birthday, but that didn't work out.  Sorry for that.

We're moving! Instead of revamping the whole site, we are moving to a new one, this time on proboards. (I apologize in advance if you are trying to read a thread you participated in but found that it has been deleted) The new site is still under development. So, if you are interested and want to get more information on the site like the progress on that, just send a pm to me.

If you are looking for a thread or any threads had been deleted, just send me a pm as well.

Comments: 0
Staff

Share | 

Aura and Semblance.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wei Tzu

Lien : 3004

PostSubject: Aura and Semblance.   Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:16 pm

In the show, Aura is presented as a manifestation of one's soul. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, that is directly stated by Pyrrha in episode seven.

Aura has a color. We know that, we can see that, as evidenced by a few scenes. Additionally, Aura is not purely defensive. It does add a passive healing factor, as evidenced by the scratch on Jaune's face cleaning itself up in seconds. On top of that, Aura CAN be used offensively, as demonstrated by Ren taking on, and killing, the King Taijitu. Given the evidence presented in the show, it would seem that the only aspects of Aura that are truly unique to each person are the color in which in manifests itself, and the quantity of Aura the individual possesses, with all other aspects being possible to hone in every individual.

Now, on to Semblance. Semblance, as far as we've seen in the show, is an ability, possibly manifesting from Aura, unique to each individual. There may be many similarities in Semblances in any given group of people, but each one is ultimately tailored to the person for which it manifests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jikumo Doragon

Semblance : Dragon Fire
Aura : Offensive
Lien : 3534

Character sheet
Aura:
100/100  (100/100)
Semblance:
50/50  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Aura and Semblance.   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:22 pm

So what's the suggestion here?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wei Tzu

Lien : 3004

PostSubject: Re: Aura and Semblance.   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:26 pm

The suggestion is more to abandon having strictly regulated auras and semblances, and allow people to make their own semblances (since, other than quantity and color, everyone's aura is presumably the same) to be judged on a case-by-case basis in regards to whether it's overpowered or not. This would foster greater creativity from the players, as well as allow the characters to be unique in more fashions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jikumo Doragon

Semblance : Dragon Fire
Lien : 3534

Character sheet
Aura:
100/100  (100/100)
Semblance:
50/50  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Aura and Semblance.   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:27 pm

I agree with this, to a point. Of course it's fun to make your own types of abilities, and I think it's cool too. But we know so very little about RWBY, so it's hard to put guidelines. The only limit I can think of at the moment is that the semblance can't be like magic, it has to be restricted by science.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeferoth Chaosu

Semblance : Body Metamorphosis
Lien : 3720

Character sheet
Aura:
100/100  (100/100)
Semblance:
50/50  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Aura and Semblance.   Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:16 pm

Well how can you say what is science then? How would you explain Weis' Glyphes?

edit: Instead of wondering what the rules are, we should just use what we know to make what we want. Then if it turns out something are no good we will change things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aura and Semblance.   

Back to top Go down

Aura and Semblance.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1